Albertsons Companies Foundation funds organizations that strengthen the neighborhoods we serve. Please see below for our guidelines and other important information on our grants process.
On a National level, our priority is eradicating Childhood Hunger. Specifically, we actively seek out organizations that work to ensure that every child in America has access to a healthy breakfast every day. If your organization is working in this space, we request that you fill out an application. Upon review of your application, we may invite you to participate in our annual RFP in the fall.
Each of our regions also have other priorities. To learn about priorities in your area choose your neighborhood.
Organizations we fund must serve the community where we operate. To learn more about our operating area, please either select your store by clicking ‘Change’ at the top of this website or view our online map at Albertsons.com.
Amount and Timing
The amount of funding available and timing of review varies by region, please select your neighborhood to learn about your specific area.
Although we would love to help everyone, the Foundation generally does not fund:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations
- Political organizations or activities
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Capital or building campaigns
- Advocacy programs
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Sports teams or athletic competitions
- Other foundations or granting organizations
- Fundraising dinners, galas, and events. We generally do not sponsor these events because the sponsorship is not fully deductible and because we prefer that our funds go directly to program services rather than offsetting event expenses.